Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Just Random Stuff I See


I spend a lot of time on the road. I think since the middle of January I have put about 5000 miles on my old truck. I can rack up a lotta miles and see nothing worth shooting. But that doesn't mean I don't see "anything" worthy of a picture. Alabama is a beautiful state. But Alabama also has a lot of, shall we say, quirky things as well. I didn't start off shooting them and a lot I missed because that wasn't what I was looking for. Now when I see the unusual, the absurd, the downright quirky...anything that makes you laugh or...well, you get what I'm saying. Anyway, I'll stop and take a picture. Like the sign warning you there's a river ahead. Well duh.

 Ever heard of Dismal, Alabama? I hear it's a quite............place to live. Btw, if you take the left here on Winston County Hwy 63 you can see America's "2nd" oldest log jail. This is for bad wood I presume. Or knotty pine (pause here for laughs...that will not be forthcoming)
Bet you thought USA meant something else didn't you? Seems the geography books had it all wrong. The things you learn. And here I am actually using that geography thingy too.
Everybody needs a hot tub...on their front porch...by the road. Oh did I mention this is literally 35 or 40 feet away from Hwy 231?

Whatever floats you boat I suppose.
Further up the road as I was heading north I saw what looked like somebody made a network of paths in their front yard. Only thing is they seemed so random and stopped at odd places. Well, turns out you have to be heading south and then it makes sense. What has to be the world's largest Alabama logo. It is so big I have no doubt it could be seen on Google maps.







                                                             

                                                                Um....is comment really necessary?








And finally, as y'all are aware, Cato makes many trips with me. He's getting to the teenage cat stage in life when he can be a handful. Every time he gets in the truck he's all over the place and getting into everything. I've never seen a cat more at home in a moving vehicle right from the start. But I have to admit when he gets like this I'm a little grateful. I once saw a question posed on Facebook. If you could choose to be any animal what would you be? That's an easy one. A cat in my house...

No comments:

Post a Comment